We serve each other in our congregation, serve neighbors in our community, and reach out working with and through others to serve people around the world. We provide this service through our actions and our financial support.
- Prayer Chain — members pray for concerns on the hearts of other members
- Worship Assistants — members volunteer to read lessons, assist in serving communion, lead the intercessory prayer, usher, count the offering, and greet/welcome worshipers
- Choirs — members join the Chancel Choir to lead the congregation in praising God through music.
- Sunday school teachers — members serve as teachers for adult bible study
- Property Committee — Members take the lead the maintaining the church building and grounds.
- Office /Administrative Assistants — members assist the Pastor and Church Secretary in performing a wide variety of routine and special tasks.
- Weekly Offerings — members make financial contributions to cover the salaries of our pastor and staff, facility costs and to allow St Matthew to make contributions to our Synod and the ELCA
- Community Meal — each month members of St Matthew prepare and serve a ‘community meal’ at Zion Lutheran Church. St Matthew is one of 40 Lancaster congregations participating the Council of Churches programs to provide free, hot meals are served three times a day, 365 days a year for needy people.
- Power Pack Project — through dedicated offering members of St Matthew support the Power Packs Project that provides weekend food and nutritional information to Lancaster families who are food insecure when the school’s lunch program is not available to them.
- School Uniform Bank –through dedicated offerings to the School Uniform Bank, Pearl Street United Methodist Church to provide school uniforms to needy Lancaster children.
- Food Bank — through dedicated offerings St Matthew members support the Lancaster Council of Churches Food Bank that distributes food to low-income families, seniors, and home-bound individuals with limited fixed income.
- Mentorship Matters — Helping Youth Prepare for the Future! This website designed by St Matthew member Hannah Bentz shows the options that youth have after high school, whether it involves going to college, attending a trade school, or taking a gap year and working.
- Lutheran World Relief Quilt Campaign — Members of St Matthew gather together to make quilts that LWR sends around the world to people in need. In 2013 over a hundred quilts were made!
- Konde Diocese /Ileje Church, Tanzania — Through dedicated offering members of St Matthew support our African sister synod and congregation.
- ELCA Malaria Campaign — Through dedicated offerings members support this program that provides mosquito nets, education, testing, medication and more to help eliminate deaths from this disease — for good.
- LWR Disaster Relief –Through dedicated offerings members provide funds so that when disaster strikes, Lutheran World Relief is there, providing life-saving relief and support to those most in need.